Scooters are a great way to travel short distances, bridge last-mile connections, or to go sightseeing.
Fairfax County has rolled out 600 e-scooters for public use. Take advantage of hundreds of scooters from LINK and Bird around Highgate and the Tysons area. As part of Fairfax County’s shared mobility device program, e-scooters are accessible for anyone to use for getting around. Pick up a scooter on the go and explore Tysons!
|Company||Undocking fee||Cost per minute|
Scooter best practices
Scooters are a quick way to get around but must be used properly. To make sure that travel is safe while riding your scooter, here are some safety tips when riding a scooter:
- Always wear a helmet when operating a scooter
- Be on the lookout for pedestrians
- You may not be seen by other vehicles, be aware of your surroundings
- Follow local safety and traffic laws to prevent any injuries
- Use bike lanes when operating the scooter
- Only one person can operate the scooter for the duration of the ride
Parking your Scooter
- Park your scooter in a suitable spot
- Don’t block the sidewalk, roads, loading dock, access ramps, bus stops, etc.
- Do not park and leave your scooter on private property